2022 COVID-19 Emergency Response Program
With the resurgence of COVID and its variants, MAPS Charities is reimplementing our Emergency Response Program for seniors (60+) in LA County currently experiencing dire financial difficulties due to these outbreaks. The grants given will be restricted to grocery cards and rent assistance only.
While a written request with backup documentation will still be necessary on behalf of the senior, we have adjusted certain requirements in order to expedite the requests:
1. Decisions will be made within 48-72 hours of receipt of request and backup documentation.
2. COVID grants awarded will not affect the opportunity for a senior to receive a regular MAPS Charities grant.
3. Food card amounts will be raised to a maximum of $250 per individual.
4. Dollar amounts for rent are $1000 per individual.
5. Initial Program will run from January 5-31, 2022.
Emergency Requests must come from a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA). No applications are accepted directly from the senior in need. ONLY PSAs may complete the form.