Examples of a PSA:
Senior Care Manager | Physician | Social Worker | Discharge Planner | Senior Service Provider |
Senior Service Agency | Other Professionals who specialize in senior issues
Please read the Guidelines below and refer to the FAQ for more information.
- Grant Requests must be submitted by a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA).
- No applications are accepted directly from the senior in need or their family members.
- Client must be at least 65 years of age and reside in Los Angeles County
- Proof of age is required: Passport, Drivers License or State Identification Card
- There is a lifetime grant limit of $500 per person.
- PSAs may not submit requests for their family members.
- Completed grant requests must be submitted by 6pm on the deadline date. Click here for the Request Timeline.
Using the Grant Request Form
Completing the Client Assessment
In order for the MAPS Charities Board to make an informed decision regarding a grant request, there are a number of things we need to know about the client:
- The client’s living situation – do they live alone or with family?
- The financial situation – what forms of income do they receive?
- Do they get resources elsewhere or from friends and family?
- Why at this point does the client need help – what in their situation has changed?
Types of Requests
More than one type of assistance can be requested on the same form.
Rent / Security Deposit Assistance – A company W-9 and a lease agreement or letter from the landlord/management company must accompany the request and include:
- Confirmation that client resides at that address
- Monthly rent or security deposit amount
- Name of payee and address where the check should be mailed
- Email address of landlord or property management contact
Utility Bills – A pdf copy of a readable bill must be provided.
Dental/Vision/Hearing Aid Bill Assistance – The bill and a completed W-9 from the dentist must accompany the request. We also need to have:
- Confirmation that the dentist will set up a payment plan and begin treatment once the MAPS Charities’ payment is received
- Details on how the remaining balance will be paid
Home Care & Adult Day Care Assistance – Request must be approved prior to the service being performed. Payment will be made after service has been provided and an invoice is received. Request must include the following:
- Copy of agency business license and W-9
- Quote for service provided by agency on letterhead
Purchase of Item(s)
Item(s) exceeding $200 require two quotes for similar items.
Requested amount must include cost, tax, delivery, installation and haul-away charges.
Links to the exact requested item must be provided.
Upon approval, MAPS Charities will order the item requested and ship directly to the client.
Grant Request Deadlines
Please check the Grant Request Timeline page to see submission deadlines. Requests received after 6pm on the deadline date will be reviewed the following month.
The PSA will be notified via email that the Grant is approved or denied within one week after the Board meeting.
The PSA must inform the client when to expect the delivery of purchased item(s). If item(s) are incorrect, the PSA will be responsible for the return.
Once item(s) arrive, please email MAPS Charities as notice of receipt.