Request For Assistance

shutterstock_44514232Seniors and their families currently living in Los Angeles County, who require temporary funds and/or services to enhance their quality of life and facilitate their ability to remain at home. Nominees will be selected based upon the highest level of need at the time of application review.

Applications must be received by the week prior to that month’s board meeting. For 2021, applications must be received by January 15, February 19, March 19, April 16, May 14, June 18, July 16, August 20, September 17, October 15, November 12 and December 10 in order to be considered for that month’s requests.

How to Apply for Funding

Requests for Assistance must come from a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA). No applications are accepted directly from the senior in need. ONLY PSAs may complete the form.

Applications should be done online if possible. This process makes it easier for the application to be reviewed and processed. Read the Client Qualifications and Guidelines below and then click the blue REQUEST ASSISTANCE button below.

If you are not able to do the online form – there are two printable forms available. If we cannot read the application, we cannot process the application.

Potential recipients must be nominated by at least one of the following professionals: Case Manager / Physician / Social Worker / Discharge Planner / Senior Service Provider / Senior Service Agency / Other Professionals Who Specialize in Senior Issues.

Please read the following qualifications:

For requests from Professional Senior Advocates (PSA) to receive our attention and be approved in a timely manner, please review the following guidelines before you complete the Application.

Client Qualifications and Guidelines

  • Client must be at least 60 years of age and reside in Los Angeles County.
  • MAPS Charities does not work directly with the senior, only through a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA).
  • Completed Requests must be submitted seven (7) days prior to the monthly Board Meeting. Click here for dates of the Board meetings.


• The typical maximum grant is $750 lifetime per person.
• Grocery cards can be requested for $150.
• A product or service over $200 requires two estimates. The exception to multiple estimates is rent, medical, dental, vision and utility bills.
• An invoice or estimate from the intended provider must be submitted for all requests.
• Multiple estimates need to be for the exact or very similar item and from two different vendors.
• If there are several quoted items on a page, clarify which specific item(s) and the total amount for each item. Do not round the amounted requested.
• Whenever possible, MAPS Charities will order the item requested and have it sent directly to the client.
• If requesting a check, ascertain that the company will accept a MAPS Charities check.
• Credit card bills and personal loans will not be considered.
• Home Care Agencies and Day Care Programs must be licensed. Please submit a copy of license. Requests for assistance must be prior to the service being performed. Reimbursement takes place after the service has been provided. Quotes must be included with the request.
• Signatures have been replaced with a PSA Certification.
• Emergency requests will not be processed.


The PSA will be notified that the Request is approved or denied after the MAPS Charities Board meets.

If item is to be ordered by MAPS Charities and directly delivered to client, the PSA must inform the client. The client needs to be aware that they will be receiving a delivery. If a requested purchase is incorrect, the PSA will be responsible for returning the item.

The PSA is to contact when the item(s) arrives.

Click here for a printable copy of the above qualifications.

Click the button below to fill out a Request for Assistance form.PRINT OUT FORM: If you would prefer to print out a Request for Assistance form and fill it in manually to fax or email, please click here.

FILLABLE FORM: If you would like to fill in the form online and then print to fax or email, please click here.

Email to: or fax to: 661-296-6732