Seniors and their families currently living in Los Angeles County, who require temporary funds and/or services to enhance their quality of life and facilitate their ability to remain at home. Nominees will be selected based upon the highest level of need at the time of application review.
Applications must be received by the week prior to that month’s board meeting. For 2020, applications must be received by January 17, February 21, March 20, April 17, May 22, June 19, July 17, August 21, September 18, October 16, November 6 and December 4 in order to be considered for that month’s requests.
How to Apply for Funding
Requests for Assistance must come from a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA). No applications are accepted directly from the senior in need. ONLY PSAs may complete the form.
Applications should be done online if possible. This process makes it easier for the application to be reviewed and processed. Read the Qualifications, Timeline and Procedures and then click the blue REQUEST ASSISTANCE button below.
If you are not able to do the online form – there are two printable forms available. If we cannot read the application, we cannot process the application.
Potential recipients must be nominated by at least one of the following professionals: Case Manager / Physician / Social Worker / Discharge Planner / Senior Service Provider / Senior Service Agency / Other Professionals Who Specialize in Senior Issues
We ask that one or more of these professionals submit a request for assistance (below) to MAPS Charities.
Please read the following qualifications:
For requests from Professional Senior Advocates (PSA) to receive our attention and be approved in a timely manner, please review the following guidelines before you complete the Application.
CLIENT QUALIFICATIONS and TIMELINE
- Client must be at least 60 years of age and reside in Los Angeles County.
- MAPS Charities does not work directly with the senior, only through a Professional Senior Advocate (PSA).
- Emergency requests outside of the stated Board meetings dates (above) will not be processed.
- Completed Requests must be submitted seven (7) days prior to the monthly Board Meeting. Click here for dates of the Board meetings.
PROCEDURE TO ASSURE AN APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED
- The typical maximum grant is $500 lifetime per person.
- As of June 2019, Food Cards will no longer be granted.
- A product or service over $100 requires two estimates. The exception to multiple estimates is rent, medical, dental, vision and utility bills.
- An invoice or estimate from the intended provider must be submitted for all requests.
- For multiple estimates, they need to be for the exact or very similar item and from two different vendors.
- If there are several quoted items on a page, clarify which specific item(s) and the total amount for each item. We do not do the calculations. Do not round the amounted requested.
- Whenever possible MAPS Charities will order the item requested and have it sent directly to the client. Therefore, the items requested must not exceed $500 with taxes and shipping included.
- If requesting a check, ascertain that the company will accept a MAPS Charities check.
- Credit card bills and personal loans will not be considered.
- Home Care Agencies and Day Care Programs must be licensed. Please submit a copy of license. Requests for assistance must be prior to the service being performed. Reimbursement takes place after the service has been provided. Quotes must be included with the request.
- PSA must submit Client Permission Signature Page with request. Click here to download the CLIENT PERMISSION SIGNATURE PAGE.
PROCEDURE AFTER AWARD IS GRANTED
The PSA will be notified shortly after the MAPS Charities Board meets if Grant is approved or denied.
If item is to be ordered by MAPS Charities and directly delivered to client, the PSA must inform the client. The client needs to be aware that they will be receiving a delivery. The PSA needs to contact MAPS Charities by email when the item(s) arrives.
Checks are not written directly to the client. Checks will be mailed directly to the PSA.
The PSA is responsible for getting it to the client or the provider.
Click the button below to fill out a Request for Assistance form.
PRINT OUT FORM: If you would prefer to print out a Request for Assistance form and fill it in manually to fax or email, please click here.
FILLABLE FORM: If you would like to fill in the form online and then print to fax or email, please click here.
Email to: email@example.com or fax to: 661-296-6732